508 S. McLoughlin Blvd. - Sidney & Margaret Nutall Rental c.1937
Statement of Significance: Sidney Nutall worked in the woolen mills as a young man. Later, he became a pile-driver for a Portland construction firm, and worked on all the major bridges in Portland (except Marquam and Fremont). His father was Edward Nutall (803 5th Avenue). This house was a World War II surplus house, a remnant of the Portland Van-Port flood, and was moved to Canemah in sections. This house and its twin at 506 S. McLoughlin are of interest because of their origin as World War II prefab housing and their incongruity in the neighborhood.