716 Center Street - Fred C. Eckhoff House
This 1-1/2 story Craftsman has a rectangular plan and sits on a poured concrete foundation. The gable roof is covered in composition shingles and is supported by decorative brackets. The house is covered with channel rustic drop siding. Wood shingles accent the upper portion of the gable end of the front façade. Windows are primarily 1/1 wood double-hung. The hip roof entry porch is supported by narrow columns and has a closed rail.
Statement of Significance: In 1885, the Sheriff sold Lots 1, 2, 7 and 8 of Block 53 to H.W. Ross. H.M. and Lucinda Ross sold the property to G.R.N. Miller, unmarried, in 1891. G.R.N. Miller sold Lot 7 to Fred C. Eckhoff, unmarried, in 1908. Mr. Eckhoff was retired. Fred C. Eckhoff sold the house to H.S. Anderson, et al. in 1918. Hiram S. Anderson was a county judge. The Andersons sold the house in 1923 to G.J., a printer and later an assistant foreman for the Oregon City Enterprise, and Anna Howell. The Howells owned the house until 1956 when Anna Howell's estate sold it to John W. Myers, a chiropractor, and Leona G., an employee of Pacific Telephone and Telegraph. The Myers owned the house until at least 1979.