903 Jackson Street - John and Jennie Trimble House
This 1-1/2 story Craftsman house has a rectangular plan and sits on a poured concrete foundation with basement. The cross gable roof is covered with composition shingles with decorative brackets and exposed rafter tails. The walls are covered with drop siding and wood shingles in the gable ends. Windows are primarily 1/1 wood double-hung. There is a large fixed pane window on the front (east) façade. The main entrance is a steeply pitched vestibule. A hipped roof porch, with exposed rafter tails, is on the north façade and has a decorative rail. There is a shed roof addition on the rear. A white picket fence encircles the yard.
Statement of Significance: Trimble bought the house on November 7, 1910. John Trimble was a native Oregonian (1862-1931) who worked as a blacksmith, and later as an employee of the Hawley Pulp and Paper Co. He and his wife, Jennie, were members of the Oregon City Baptist Church. Irene Koppy and her husband sold parts of Lots 3 and 4 to R. N. and Verah Knoefel in 1936 and was owned by them until 1973.