Minor Partition Resources

What is a Minor Partition?

A minor partition includes dividing property (or a group of properties) into a total of 3 or fewer lots.


How Do I Find Out More About My Property?

The City's website has a variety or resources available including Property Reports and an online mapping system.  You may also call the Planning Division at 503.722.3789.

Oregon City Municipal Code Criteria:
In addition to the zoning designation and any special requests, such as Variances, the following chapters of the Oregon City Municipal Code (OCMC) are applicable to Minor Partitions: 

OCMC 12.04 – Streets, Sidewalks and Public Places 
OCMC 12.08 – Public and Street Trees 
OCMC 13.12 – Stormwater Management
OCMC 15.48 – Grading, Filling, and Excavating
OCMC 16.12 – Minimum Improvements and Design Standards for Land Divisions                           OCMC 16.16 – Partitions Process and Standards    
OCMC 17.20 – Residential Design and Landscaping Standards
OCMC 17.41 – Tree Protection Standards
OCMC 17.47 – Erosion and Sediment Control
OCMC 17.50 – Administrative Processes


The 2016 Planning applications and fees include:

  • Minor Partitions: $3,909                                                                                                          
  • Mailing Labels: $15 – or provided by applicant
  • Transportation Analysis Letter: Cost depends on location, size and traffic impact of proposal 

Note that additional fees are required from other departments, agencies and consultants.


Review Process:
Minor Partitions are typically processed as a Type II Land Use application. Once an application is submitted, it is reviewed for completeness purposes within 30 days.  Upon a complete application submittal, there is a public noticing period and the applicant is entitled to a decision from the city for a decision of approval, approval with conditions or denial within 120 days of deeming the application complete, by state law. Type II decisions are rendered by the Community Development Director, with appeal on the record to the City Commission, and then onto LUBA.