Type I Site Plan and Design Review Applications
Site Plan and Design Review is required for exterior alterations to commercial, office, multi-family, industrial and institutional properties to verify compliance with applicable standards in the Oregon City Municipal Code. This Type I Site Plan and Design Review process, effective September 16, 2016, provides a more efficient review process for smaller projects which do not involve discretionary criteria. The new process reduces the review time and associated fees for qualifying projects which may include the installation of new windows and doors, changes to building materials, changes to landscaping, minor parking lot modifications, or minor additions.
There are two types of applications subject to this streamlined process, those which may be reviewed at the time they are submitted, or over the counter, and those which include a significantly higher number of criteria, or an extended review.
Please complete a land use application, the general Type I Site Plan and Design Review application and any applicable addendum for your project.
Over the Counter Type I Site Plan and Design Review
2017 Fee: $75 for Up to Two Review Items, $150 for Three or More Review Items
- Addition to or alteration of a legal nonconforming single or two-family dwelling.
- Repaving of previously approved parking lots with no change to striping.
- Replacement of exterior building materials.
- New or changes to an existing shared parking agreements.
- New or changes to existing bicycle parking.
- New or changes to existing landscaping that do not require stormwater treatment.
- New or changes to existing pedestrian accessways, walkways or plazas.
- New or changes to existing exterior mechanical equipment.
- New or changes to existing ADA accessibility elements.
- New or changes to an existing fence, hedge, or wall at least 20 feet away from a public right-of-way.
- New or changes to outdoor lighting.
- Addition or alteration to transparency, including but not limited to windows and doors.
- Addition or alteration of parapets or rooflines.
- Removal, replacement or addition of awnings, or architectural projections to existing structures.
- Modification of building entrances.
- Addition, modification, or relocation of refuse enclosure.
Extended Review Type I Site Plan and Design Review
2016 Fee: $250 for Each Item Reviewed (adjusted annually for inflation)
- Addition or removal of up to 200 square feet to a commercial, institutional, or multifamily structure in which no increases are required to off-street parking. This includes a new ancillary structure, addition to an existing structure, or new interior space (excluding new drive thru). Increases of more than 200 square feet in a 12-month period shall be processed as Type II.
- Addition or removal of up to 1,000 square feet to an industrial use in which no increases are required to off-street parking. This includes a new ancillary structure, addition to an existing structure, or new interior space (excluding ancillary retail and office). Increases of more than 1000 square feet in a 12-month period shall be processed as Type II.
- Change to parking lot circulation or layout, excluding driveway modifications.
- Removal or relocation of vehicle parking stalls provided total parking remains between approved minimum and maximum with no new reductions other than through the downtown parking district.
Please contact the Planning Division at 503.722.3789 with any additional questions.