Sign up online or using the Beanstack app starting June 1, 2023. (If you participated in our previous Summer Reading programs, you don't have to register again; just sign in!) Here's how you complete the challenge and earn prize drawing tickets:
- Set a Goal - We recommend at least 1 book a day for children aged 0 to 4 and at least 20 minutes a day for children aged 5 and older, but you can choose any goal you want.
- Track Your Reading and Earn Prize Drawing Tickets- Keep track of every day you meet your reading goal. When you meet your reading goal on 7 days, you earn a Logging Badge worth 1 prize drawing ticket.
- You can track your reading offline using our optional print-at-home reading log in English (PDF) or Spanish (PDF), but your reading must be entered in Beanstack to earn rewards and prize drawing tickets.
- To log your reading on the website, select the badge or the pink Log Reading button. It will ask you to mark off days on the calendar that you met your reading goal.
- To log your reading in the app, select the blue plus button (+). It will ask you to record books, minutes, or pages read each day.
- Try Weekly Activities and Earn Prize Drawing Tickets- Every week, we suggest an activity to try at home. Each Activity Badge is worth 1 prize drawing ticket.
- To unlock activity badges, go to the Badges tab, choose "Activity Badges," and select the badge you want to unlock.
And here are the rewards you earn:
- Free Book at Signup - Stop by the Children's Desk starting June 1 to pick up your free book.
- Free Ice Cream From Mike's Drive-in at 42 Days of Reading - Stop by the Children's Desk to pick up your ice cream token. (Food allergies? Ask us about an alternate prize option.)
- Grand Prize Drawing - Enter your tickets in the Ticket Drawing tab by Thursday, August 31 at 11:59 pm for a chance to win a gift card or book basket.
Prize drawing winners will be chosen on September 1, 2023.
Watch one of our Beanstack FAQ Videos or email the Children's Section.
Youth Summer Reading