Computer & Internet Use Policy
- There are no alerts at this time.
Usage & Reservations
- Use of Internet computers requires a Library Card Number and PIN or a Computer Only Card, which are issued to patrons 18 years of age or older.
- Must be 13 or older to use the upstairs computer.
- All ages can log onto children's computers downstairs, but teens (13 and up) and adults must be supervising a child.
- Users are limited to 120 minutes per day.
- Internet computer workstations are on a first-come, first-serve basis. If all workstations are occupied, reservations can be made at the Reservation/Print Release station.
- If users are more than five minutes late, reservations are automatically canceled.
- Internet computers log off automatically 10 minutes before the Library's closing.
- Users under 18 always have filtered Internet if using their own library card.
- Print charges:
- Black and White: $0.10 per side
- Color: $0.50 per side
- You may select single-sided or double-sided printing.
Prohibited Use of Internet Stations
- Accessing or viewing images that may be considered obscene or pornographic
- Attempting to install and run programs
- Damage to or destruction of Library equipment, software or data
- Resetting, restarting or turning off any machines
- Listening to loud programs that disturb others (headphones are available at each station)
- Using another person's library card to access computers
- Attempting to access internal library data or equipment set-ups; violation of computer security; attempts to alter software configurations or unauthorized manipulation of data
- Violation of another user's right to privacy or attempting to interfere with another user's ability to access and view information
- Transmission of unsolicited advertising
- Illegal downloading of copyrighted material or media
- Any activity in violation of federal or state laws and regulations, including those regarding copyright, transmission of material that is harassing, libeling, slandering, indecent or obscene; and those regarding accessing, viewing, and distributing obscenity or child pornography
Attaching Other Devices & Downloading
Equipment, such as MP3 players, digital cameras, thumb drives, diskettes, smartphones, iPods, etc., may be attached at the user's own risk. These items may or may not work on Library computers, and it is not the responsibility of the Library to ensure that they work. Simple storage devices, such as thumb drives should work fine, but other devices may not. The Library and its staff are not equipped to help with devices that are not compatible with our computers.
- Wi-Fi is available at the Library on the "orcity-public-wifi" network. When using Library Wi-Fi, agreement to all the same above conditions is expected.
- Password required. See posted signs or ask a staff member
- Agreement (by selecting "Continue") to Oregon City Public Library's Internet Policy page is required prior to Wi-Fi Internet connection. This page will pop up on the device once the user selects the Library's network.
- Headphones for personal devices are available for checkout.
Please contact Carnegie Technology staff for assistance with Internet stations, questions, or interpretation of these guidelines.
Failure to follow these guidelines may result in loss of Internet use or charges, where appropriate.