Beginning July 1, 2022, the process to reserve a park for an event had some changes. It is now called "Park Rental" (formerly Special Event). A few minor changes have been made and fees adjusted based on a result of a cost recovery analysis performed in 2021. For more information on the cost recovery visit the 2022 Master Fee Schedule page.
Oregon City park shelters and facilities may be used for a variety of special events:
- Fundraising events
- Walks and runs
- How to apply for a park rental permit?
The initial application is the "who, what, when, and where" of your request to reserve a parking space for your event. To apply for a Park Rental Permit, all of the following must be received by the Parks office prior to review.
- Completed Park Rental Application
- $50 Application Fee (application fee is non-refundable)
- Site Plan
Applications may be submitted in the following ways:
- Email Parks Maintenance Office
- Fax: to 503-656-7488
- Mail or hand delivery to the Parks Department Monday through Friday 8 am to 3:30 pm, to 500 Hilda Street Oregon City, OR 97045 (inside the main gate of Mountain View Cemetery).
Once the application, fee, and site plan are received, the application will be submitted for review. You will be notified of the permit status following review, and if approved, fees and documents required to complete the permit will be outlined.
All requirements are due a minimum of 30 days prior to the event.
- When are park rental permits required?
- A gathering or an event that involves a group of 101 plus attendees
- Tents, canopies, tables, and/or chairs brought in
- The event involves donations, entry fees, or tickets
- Inflatables such as bounce houses, mechanical rides, fencing, or barricades set up
- The event is advertised as a public event or event is closed to the public
- Amplified sound with a PA system or other noise generator for live or recorded music
- Vendor servicing or participating in the event
- Impact on the roadway, sidewalk, pathway, driveway, curb, parking space, or public parking lot
- Sales of any kind of products/services
- Stage or other structure is built/brought in
- Food is being prepared and served for consumption by the public at an event
- A certified flagger, police officer, or signs are needed to direct traffic