Teen Advisory Committee
Oregon City Public Library is now accepting applications for the 2023-24 Teen Advisory Committee (TAC)! Fill out the TAC online application to apply. Deadline is Friday, August 4, 2023.
The Oregon City Public Library's Teen Advisory Committee (TAC) is composed of 10 members in grades 7-12 who live or attend school in the Oregon City Public Library Service Area. TAC members help library staff plan teen activities, create a welcoming and fun environment in the teen library, and provide weekly volunteer assistance at the library.
TAC members will attend monthly teen advisory meetings each month to plan upcoming events and to discuss other relevant topics to library services for teens as well as provide at least 1 hour of volunteer assistance each week.
The purpose of the Teen Advisory Committee (TAC) is:
- To discuss and explore ways that the Library can provide a welcoming and inclusive environment for all teens in our community.
- To provide perspective and feedback to library staff and library board members.
- To provide opportunities to develop leadership skills through planning and organizing teen projects and events.
- What are some examples of things Teen Advisory Committee (TAC) members do at the library?
- Plan and organize teen projects and events at the library
- Create fun book displays
- Help create social media content
- Develop and contribute to the Oregon City Public Library teen newsletter
- Help make the teen space a comfortable and fun place to hang out
- What’s in it for you?
- Use your creativity to develop fun and meaningful projects, events, and content
- Develop leadership skills
- Make new friends
- A chance to make a difference in your community
- Earn community service credit
- Who can apply?
- Students who live or go to school in the Oregon City Public Library Service Area
- Students who are in 7 through 12 grade during the 2022 to 2023 school year
- I’m a homeschool student, can I still apply to be on TAC?
Yes! If you live in the Oregon City Public Library Service Area, you are welcome to apply! (Not sure if you live in the OCPL service area? Check out this map [PDF].)
- What is the time commitment for TAC?
You must be able to come to the library for a one hour shift each week plus one monthly meeting with all members of TAC per month.
- Does TAC run all year 'round?
TAC meets mostly during the school year with the option to continue volunteering during the summer months.