381 Elmwood Court

LUDWIG HARTKE FARMHOUSE c.1908 -- Statement of Significance: The original farmhouse on this property was destroyed by fire around the turn of the century, and the current house was built to replace it. The house served as the main farmhouse for a fifty acre farm, called Hazelfern Dairy, and then later called Hazelwood Dairy. The farm was owned by Ludwig Hartke, who was born in Poland in 1868, emigrating to the U.S. in the late 1880s, and working in the Chicago stockyards. He arrived in Oregon around 1900, first living in Bolton, and eventually buying the farm for his growing dairy business. The diary operated until the late 1940s or early 1950s. The house is significant for its association with Hazelwood Dairy.

Historic Inventory Form 

Elmwood Ct - 381