ERWIN CHARLES HACKETT HOUSE c.1893 -- Statement of Significance: Erwin C. Hackett was the son of early Oregon pioneers, and who became an individual of local political prominence, serving as chief deputy of Clackamas County Sheriff's Office in 1915, and as mayor of Oregon City between 1916 and 1919; he later served as Clackamas County Recorder. The house was built by Indiana-born George Gray and his wife Dora (Smith) on land they purchased in 1893. Gray was a local teacher. The house was sold in 1908 and purchased by Erwin C. Hackett. The house is significant for its association with Erwin Hackett, a prominent local citizen and politician, and for its unusual tower.