NOBLE W. RANDALL HOUSE c.1875 -- Statement of Significance: Noble W. Randall (1825-1890) was born in Ohio and married Susanna Taylor of Kentucky. They settled on a Donation Land Claim 12 miles east of Oregon City. He taught school and also worked their 1000-acre farm. Besides serving as county judge, he was also superintendent of schools, Master of Grange and secretary of State Grange. They had eight children, including Mindwell (Mrs. G.W. Church - 914 7th Street). Due to its commanding position on the irregularly shaped lot, this house retains a certain sense of conservative dignity that certainly accompanied the character of its original owner. This dignity is only reinforced by the stately oak which acts as a backdrop for the house. Other landscaping (hedges, rock walls, etc.) is also done with a sense of respect toward the structure. The house is significant for its age, one of the oldest structures in this area of the city, for its architecture, and for its association with Noble Randall, a prominent county citizen.