- Who do I call to report a non-emergency crime and to file a report?
If the incident occurred in Oregon City you have several options. The most convenient method is to call our non-emergency number, 503-655-8211 to reach a call taker at the Clackamas County Communications Center (C-COM). They will take your initial information, such as where the crime occurred, who was involved, name, address, and telephone number, and dispatch an officer to your business, home, or other location.
You can also file a report by visiting the front lobby of the Oregon City Police Department at 1234 Linn Avenue. The lobby is open Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm. For visits after hours and on weekends: use the yellow phone at the front of the building to reach dispatch for assistance.
- Who do I call to speak to an officer, or make other requests that don’t involve reporting a crime?
If you wish to leave a message for a specific Oregon City Police Department officer, call the business office at 503-905-3501, option 2. The Records Unit staff will transfer you to the officer's voicemail or the appropriate individual to handle your call.
- If I have stolen property that has been recovered, or lost property that has been found, who do I contact to obtain my property?
See the Property and Evidence Unit page for information, or call 503-905-3501, option 3 to speak with the Property and Evidence Technician.
- How do I obtain a copy of a police report?
The Police Records Unit page provides a form, fees, and information to assist in obtaining a police report. You can also call 503-905-3501, option 2 with questions.
- How do I obtain a copy of a 911 tape?
Contact the Clackamas County Communications Center (C-COM) at 503-655-8370 or visit the Clackamas - 911 page to complete the request online.
- Where can I obtain information on registered sex offenders?
This information is maintained and available through the Oregon State Police Sex Offender Unit.
- If the police department has impounded my vehicle, what do I need to do to get it out of impound?
See the Police Records Unit page for complete information or call 503-905-3501, option 2.
- People keep speeding up and down my street. What can I do?
Residents have the option to report the activity by submitting the information on the Traffic Complaint Submission Form page. The information is routed to the Traffic Safety Division of the Oregon City Police Department.
- Where do I find information on City Ordinances?
City Ordinances cover various topics such as Noise, Abandoned Vehicles, Nuisances, and Business Licenses. See the Municipal Code on the City's Website for this information.
- Where do I report an abandoned vehicle or an illegally parked vehicle?
Call the non-emergency dispatch number at 503-655-8211 to contact a police officer 24/7. You can also call the Oregon City Code Enforcement Division during business office hours at 503-905-3665.
- I want to apply for a Restraining Order. Can I do this at the Oregon City Police Department?
No, you must call Clackamas County Victim's Assistance at 503-655-8616 or Clackamas Women's Services at 888-654-2288.
- Where can I obtain information and receive notifications as a victim of crime?
The general public can register with VINE - Victim Information and Notification Everyday, to receive custody status updates on offenders and court case changes.
- How do I find out if someone is in jail?
You will need to call the Clackamas County Jail at 503-722-6777 or visit the Clackamas County Jail Inmate Roster page to query by name.
- Does the Oregon City Police Department offer fingerprinting services?
This service is not available at OCPD. Please call the Clackamas County Public Safety Training Center at 503-794-8072 to schedule an appointment for this service. More information is available on the Clackamas - Fingerprinting page.
- How do I request a ride-along with the Oregon City Police Department?
More information about this program can be found on the Citizen Ride-Along Program page.
- Where do I go to pay my traffic citation?
Traffic citations are processed through the City of Oregon City Municipal Court which is located inside the Police facility at 1234 Linn Avenue. For questions about traffic citations or the court process, review the Municipal Court page or call 503-905-3675.
- Where do I find the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) laws?
For information on state laws for motor vehicles, call 503-299-9999 or visit the Oregon DMV website.
- What are the child safety seat laws?
For information on child weight and height requirements, and to properly install child safety seats, visit the Child Safety Resource Center website.
- Where can I find current road conditions?
For information on current road conditions, studded tires, and chain requirements call 5-1-1 or visit the TripCheck website.
- Why doesn't Oregon City do something about all the homeless people in Oregon City?
- What should I do if I observe a homeless camp?
- A homeless person has set up a tent on my business or private property, what can I do?
- Why can't the City just move people off the streets?
- Oregon City's homeless population seems to be growing. How many people are homeless in our community?
- I have something I want to donate to the homeless. What is the best way to make donations or volunteer?
- What can be done with abandoned shopping carts in my neighborhood?