Statement of Significance: In 1891, David and Mary Caufield sold lots 3 and 4 of Block 19 to Mary J. and C.O.T. Williams. Unfortunately, there was a lawsuit and the sheriff sold the property to Ellen S. Warren. She owned the property until 1922 when she sold part of lots 3 and 4 to Martha J. Kelly. William N., employee of Crown Zellerbach, and Reada Kohlleptel were renting the house in 1953. In 1955, the Estate of Martha J. Kelly sold the property to Mary Hasha. Mary Hasha sold the property in 1960 to Frank R. Woodmark, et al. who in turn sold it to Neal and Myrtle Lewis. The same month, Neal and Myrtle Lewis deeded the property to Irma M. Lewis. Donald K., employee of Crown Zellerbach, and Pauline Huiras were listed as the owners in 1960 and 1962 City Directories, though may have just been renters. Byles P., clerk at Hoyas Center Record, and Mary Youngblood were renters of the house in 1964 and 1965. In 1965, Irma M. and James T. Marshall sold the property to Howard and Leona Ibach. Mrs. Sharon Niswinder was renting the house in 1967. The Ibachs sold the property to Richard and Virginia Koontz in 1973. They owned it until 1981.
This 1-1/2 story vernacular house has a rectangular plan and sits on a poured concrete foundation. The jerkinhead roof is covered in composition shingles. The house is covered with cementious siding. Windows are primarily 1/1 vinyl. A hipped roof projecting from the front façade provides coverage for the front door and the square bay. A wood picket fence encircles the yard and steps lead from the front yard to lower level of the house.
This property is a locally designated historic site located within the McLoughlin Conservation District. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.