GEORGE RANDALL HOUSE -- Statement of Significance: George Randall was born in England in 1841. At the age of 16, he worked his way across the Atlantic as a cabin boy. After working in Connecticut mills for a few years, Randall brought his mother, sisters and younger brother to the United States. In 1868, he and his wife Mary Ann came to Oregon via the Isthmus of Panama. They purchased a portion of a Donation Land Claim outside of town where they grew crops to ship to San Francisco. The Randalls retired in 1906 to Oregon City. Their daughter, Lottie Randall Crawford, owned the house until 1969, using it as a rental property after about 1950.
This simplified Queen Anne of a square plan features a small dormer on the main roof section, with two banks of 3/3 windows with 2 single 3/3 casement windows and some original screen assemblies. Upper story eave returns and a flared upper roof with pendant are character-defining features. The windows have wide trim, and the upper story windows are hooded. The porch features tapered columns and one fixed window. The entry door is distinguished by a transom with leaded glass and a one-pane panel door. An aluminum awning covers the rear door.
This property is a locally designated historic site located within the McLoughlin Conservation District. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.