RICHARD LUNDY HOUSE -- Statement of Significance: By 1897, Mrs. Lura E. Martin, who worked at the millinery and notions store on Main Street, was living in this residence. Although the length of her tenure is unclear, by 1909 the house was occupied by E.M. Waldron. Subsequent owners, which changed fairly frequently, appear to have used the property primarily as a rental. However, in 1955, the residence was purchased by Anne Vitol, who proceeded to occupy it with a Hannah Vitol. After it was sold in 1960, the property returned to its rental status. Tenants in the 1960s included widows Emma Moehnke and Mina Grossmiller.
This modest house sits under a front gable roof, with a recessed porch on the northeast corner of the house. The corner of the gable is supported by a single chamfered post that matches two engaged columns at the edges of the porch. A simple stick balustrade encircles the porch. The gable features enclosed eaves above the frieze and rake boards. The house is primarily clad above the full water table with horizontal drop siding finished with corner boards, and above a slender belt course at the eave line the gable ends are clad with wood shingles. These shingles are laid in diamond, cove, and octagonal patterns. The windows are primarily 1/1 paired double-hung wood sash with board trim, narrow sills, and projecting hood moldings. In the gable end, a three-pane hopper window is the only one that is not a double-hung sash. A brick chimney with a corbelled top is centrally located in the house.
This property is a locally designated historic site located within the McLoughlin Conservation District. Contact email@example.com for more information.