F.A. TOEPLEMANN HOUSE -- Statement of Significance: The Toepelmanns purchased the land in 1880. Frank and Louisa Toepelmann lived at this house in 1897. In the 1900 Federal Census, F.A. Toeplemann was listed as a landlord and is said to have lived in the "lower level". In1924 Kenneth and Gladys Woodward (who also bought the neighboring property #308 in 1930) purchased the house and resided there through the 1940s. Jack and Betty Woodward lived there until1953. Jack worked for Wally's Music Shop. There were multiple tenants in the 1960s until the Woodwards sold in 1969 to Owen and Marion Marine.
This modest one-story house sits under a side gable roof with a large rectangular bay on the east side under a second gable. At the northwest corner of the house, a shingled addition extends out from the north side, added about 1940. At the southwest corner, a shed roofed addition projects out to the west, clad with lap siding. The main body of the house is clad with double drop siding, finished with corner boards. The windows in the house are a mixture of aluminum sliding sashes (east rectangular bay), 2/2 double-hung wood sashes (northwest addition), six pane casements (southwest bay), and eight-pane casements (main house body). All of the windows have plain board trim, and the windows on the west side of the house feature decorative apron molding and wood shutters. The two aluminum sliders in the east bay feature wood hood moldings, a modern addition. Two brick chimneys are present in the house, one on the south wall and one in the northwest corner. The house features open eaves and a shallow porch under a shed roofed addition to the main gable on the southeast corner of the house, south of the rectangular bay.
This property is a locally designated historic site located within the McLoughlin Conservation District. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.