JOHN WALKER HOUSE -- Statement of Significance: The house was moved from the corner of 7th and Washington Streets around 1950, while under the ownership of the Walker family Mr. Walker was a timber buyer and salesman.
This 2-1/2 story house, moved from the corner of 7th and Washington Streets around 1950, is prominently located at 9th and John Adams Streets across from the First Baptist Church. A Queen Anne styled house, it is rectangular in plan with gabled roofs and a parged concrete foundation. A major feature of the front elevation is the curved veranda-like, deep-set porch with turned columns, and a decorative, spindled freeze. Front elevation also has rake board, and rake molding, decorative brackets, corner boards and frieze. The area between the frieze and gable is surfaced with hexagonal wood shingles. A water table and cap run around the perimeter. There are three stained glass windows: one in the top sash of the front fixed, one in the north side bay and one in back. Primary windows are 1/1. The northside elevation has a three-sided bay. The small back porch has square spindle rail and poured concrete base. There is a period garage at the rear.
This property is a locally designated historic site located within the McLoughlin Conservation District. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.