IDA AND COLBY HUTCHINSON HOUSE -- Statement of Significance: J. M. and Jennie Trimble purchased the property (Lots 3 and 4) in 1910 and owned it until 1935. A portion of Lot 3 and the vacated alley was later bought by Colby O. Hutchinson in 1936. Hi wife Ida Hutchinson was the owner of Hutchinson Hotel, one of two competing hospitals in the city around 1920. Louis Updegraff, an auto parts salesman, bought it in 1946. The 911 part of the duplex is listed as vacant in the 1960 directory but was occupied by Alta M. Beebe, a clerk at the County Health Department, from at least 1962-65. The property was sold by Updegraff in 1964 to Erwin and Loree L. Lange, but Gordon L. and Sally (teacher - Eastham Elementary School) are listed as living in 909 and Beebe in 911 in 1965.
This one-story Mediterranean-style duplex has a rectangular plan and sits on a poured concrete foundation. The flat roof is built-up. The walls are covered with stucco. There are two side chimneys. Windows are primarily aluminum fixed pane and 1/1 aluminum. There are 6/1 wood double-hung windows on the rear façade. The arched entry way projects slightly from the front façade. The entry doors for each unit are recessed.
This property is a locally designated historic site located within the McLoughlin Conservation District. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.