MISLEY'S GROCERY STORE -- Statement of Significance: This building was constructed for Joseph and Josephine Misley who purchased the lot (5) from H. A. Rayl in 1919. The Misley's ran a grocery store in the building for years and lived in an apartment upstairs. The building, by 1925, was divided in two on an east-west axis, and an apartment was located in the northerly side. Before opening the grocery store, Misley worked as a screener for the Crown-Willamette Paper Company. They sold the building 27 years later to Lawrence and Genevieve Grassman. Ownership changed hands several times over the next thirty years or so.
This two story Commercial-style multi-unit residence has a rectangular plan and sits on a poured concrete foundation. The flat roof is built-up and encircled with stepped coping. The building is covered with stucco. Windows are primarily 1/1 wood double-hung and 1/1 aluminum. Multiple entry doors have sidelights. A one-story flat roof addition is on the north side.
This property is a locally designated historic site located within the McLoughlin Conservation District. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.