The imposing building at the corner of 7th and Jefferson is currently the house of the Association of Western Pulp and Paper Workers (AWPPW) Local 68; however, originally, the building was the First Presbyterian Church. The church burned down prior to 1925 and this building was constructed on its site. There is a full-daylight basement, a high-ceilinged main space with decorative trusses, and a stand-up attic. The exterior is brick, with the jerkinhead gables clad in wood shingles. There are brackets and purlins at the eave. The is pseudo brick quoining at the corners and a water table of soldier coursed brick. An addition on the rear was attached c.1945. Front entry hood with diminutive brackets is collapsing. Hindu-esque ventilator in southwest gable. Attic and basement 1/1 wood windows appear original; the aluminum sash main floor windows are not. Terrific courses stone along 7th street. According to a current tenant, a portion of the original First Presbyterian Church still remains at the west end. The First Presbyterian Church represented here is a c.1925 creation after a fire, though the west walls due appear to line up on the Sanborn maps.
This property is located within the McLoughlin Conservation District but is not a locally designated historic site. Contact email@example.com for more information.