This one-story international style building, built into a hill, has a rectangular plan and sits on a poured concrete foundation. The flat roof is built-up. The walls are covered with stucco. Windows are primarily large fixed pane with color and ribbon sliding windows. The main entrance is recessed and covered with a metal awning. Brick planters flank the main entrance. A stone retaining wall is adjacent to the west façade. To the rear of the mortuary is a 1-1/2 story c.1930 English Cottage, undoubtedly where the Hillside Chapel got started. It is detached from the international style building but does not appear to be within the conservation district's boundaries. A free-standing carport is within the boundaries and on the tax lot. Windows are 6/1 wood double-hung, and fixed wood sash flanked by 4/1 wood double-hung. The walls are covered with stucco. The jerkinhead roof has rounded eaves and is clad in wood shingles. There is an arched entry porch.
This property is located within the McLoughlin Conservation District but is not a locally designated historic site. Contact email@example.com for more information.