UNKNOWN -- Statement of Significance: Between 1888 and 1895, this property had four owners. As such, it is unclear who is responsible for the construction of the residence. By the late 1920s, the property had been transferred an additional six times, yet there is no evidence that any these owners lived in the house. In 1928, the property was purchased by Thomas C. Barry, a partner of McAnulty & Barry, and his wife Ruth. The couple resided in the house before using it as a rental in the 1940s. Its occupants for most of the 1950s and 1960s was George J. and Barbara Halbach. Mr. Halbach was an employee at Crown Zellerbach. The Barry's continued to own the property until the early 1970s.
The main house has channel siding with 1/1 wood windows. A front porch has been added with round edge drop siding. A significant two-story addition has been added to the rear c. 1995. A multi-vehicle driveway has been added on the south side, and there has been much landscaping in the form of terracing on the hillside sloping to the east. A concrete retaining wall elevates the yard a few feet above sidewalk level. A hip roofed porch supported by tapered columns covers the entry and sits high off the street level. The older section of the house sits under a truncate hip roof.
This property is a locally designated historic site located within the McLoughlin Conservation District. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.