UNKNOWN -- Statement of Significance: In 1905, John Rissberger purchased this property and owned it until 1938. As such, he is likely responsible for moving the residence to this site. The house is reported to have been moved from the area of the Oregon City Shopping Center. Rossberger owned the property until 1938 when he sold to Edmond Surfus, who was living at 924 Monroe. In 1947, the property was purchased by Stoil and Erma Bailey, who sold to Paster S. Oliver Baker and his wife Lillian in 1952. Three years later, it was transferred to Theo and Herbert Haag, who used the house as a rental. By 1958, it was occupied by Ervin Bauer, a truck driver for Rex Kiggins, and his wife Eileen. The following owner, Eileen Thompson in 1959, also rented out the property. It was occupied for most of the 1960s by mill worker Laura Seivers.
This small c.1890 vernacular residence is square in plan and has a truncated hip roof at the main structure. Non-historic wood posts at the front elevation support a shed roof porch overhang. Two non-historic fixed picture windows are present on the main elevation. Aluminum sliding windows are present throughout the structure, including small 1/1 aluminum windows at the rear addition. The exterior is clad in 1950’s era wood shingle siding. A post and beam foundation has been indicated, but it is not known for sure. Alterations include two additions to the rear of the structure with a hip roof and composition shingles.
This property is a locally designated historic site located within the McLoughlin Conservation District. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.