1315 Monroe Street

This c. 1920 bungalow residence is rectangular in plan with a broken pitch, side facing gabled roof. Large triangular brackets support broad eaves, which is typical of the bungalow style. A shed dormer exists at the upper level with casement windows and is supported by small triangular brackets at the eaves. Truncated, tapered wood porch posts and a low closed knee wall and decorative lattice- work skirting support a full width front porch. The wood tongue and groove porch floor still remains with concrete steps leading to a small walkway. The windows are typically a 1/1 wood double-hung with the exception being at the front (east) elevation which has four 8/1 double-hung windows. Alterations include a non-historic wood deck addition at the rear of the structure and aluminum storm windows over the original wood windows. Vertical groove plywood siding and asbestos ceramic siding clad the exterior and a three light modern front entrance door is present. Two established Camilla plants flank the porch at the front elevation.

This property is located within the McLoughlin Conservation District but is not a locally designated historic site. Contact ocplanning@orcity.org for more information.

Historic Inventory Form 

MONR_1315