WILLIAM KRASSIG HOUSE -- Statement of Significance: William Krassig, a dentist, owned the property at the time this house was constructed.
This 1-1/2 story Craftsman has a complex plan and concrete block foundation. The house is believed to have been moved (corroborated by neighbors) which would account for its skewed setting with the main entrance at the south elevation and the secondary entrance to the street. The decorative bargeboards and brackets, wide eaves and wide decorative rafter tails, rake board and molding and window hoods attest to craftsmanship and lend a chalet-style feel to the building as well. The south elevation main entrance has a porch with gable and brackets. The multi-pane door is flanked by side lights. The porch gable of street-facing east elevation extends to cover a built-in garage that is not original. The t&g decked porch appears to have been cut-off close in at the garage end as the siding at this point does not match. The porch has a knee wall and square posts. Most windows are 1/1 double-hung wood with one east window featuring decorative muntins on its upper sash. A square bay with shed roof extends from the north side. A house appears on this spot on the 1950 Sanborns but not on the 1911 or 1925, probably because it was moved here after it was built.
This property is a locally designated historic site located within the McLoughlin Conservation District. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.